Friday, April 13, 2012

Vous me prenez en arrière



One of my favorite things about reading blogs is getting a peak into the lives of people living all over the world.  I would love nothing more than to live a year travelling the world and seeing places like Greece, Italy, Switzerland, South Africa, Egypt, England and Spain.  Until then, I have your pictures and descriptions, and although it might not be even close to being there, its helping me create a ridiculous travel wishlist.  But there is hope- my great grandmother didn't start travelling until she was all grown up.  At 85.  Seriously.  She saw the Great Wall of China, visited Indian reservations, went down the Amazon, and at 90, took my me, my mom and sister on a week-long trip down the Mississippi river in an original Paddleboat.  It. was. awesome.  That was my first big girl trip, and although I've seen a lot of beautiful places, I'm getting the itch to take off and see the world.  I blame my mom and dad for taking our family on a trip to Aix en Provence in 2010.  I still haven't forgiven them.
Easter brunch on our patio

Pont du Gard

Double rainbow over the 14th century home we stayed in

French Farmer's Market

Annie, our French head










Wine tasting in a castle basement

Palais de Papes

Annie, Mom, Me

Walking alone pretending to be a native
Mom took a lot of pictures.

Happiness Means:
1.  Going to the gym before work.  Well, I certainly do not wake up at 6AM with a smile on my face, but it makes my mood so much better throughout the day.
2.  Seeing all my friends in NYC tomorrow night for a formal benefit on this rooftop.
3.  PAY DAY TODAY.
4.  This website.
5.  Brunch in Baltimore Sunday for boy's sister's birthday (grammatical errors in there I'm sure).

Goal:  Have fun on Saturday but not so much fun that Sunday I look like this in front of boy's family:

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Sometimes blog-stalking makes me want to travel so badly...I'd love to see all of these places in person!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog...my husband and I got engaged at 19 and married at 21. I would have replied via my own blog...but I'm kind of a technology dummy and don't know how :)
    Happy Thursday!

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too love seeing travel pictures and what other people do when traveling. This trip looks amazing! fun to revisit old pictures :)

    ReplyDelete