Monday, March 12, 2012

Just letting you know I'm alive!

This will be random and scattered.  Later on, if you're wondering what the connection is between skiing and spaghetti, there is none.  Also, because I like things numbered and organized, these will be numbered and organized.  Not because it makes any sense.  Don't say I didn't warn ya!
1.  I survived Colorado.  I've been skiing twice in my life on the east coast and did fine on the blue runs at Snowmass mountain, after a mini mental breakdown which was made alllll better after two bloody marys.  Maybe I will share that comedic tale another day.
before bloody marys
after bloody marys
2.  Tonight is game night at a friend's house.  For me to enjoy a game, it better not involve a board, a spinner, or dice.  Sorry, but explain to me what is fun about spending 75% of an hour waiting for your turn, and sliding down a chute only to start over again (chutes and ladders was invented by mean kids on the playground who grew up).  Don't even get me started on Monopoly.  A game that seemingly never ends?  Here are the things I heard about it before I was dumb enough to give it a shot:  mortgages, loans, real estate, cheating, atlantic city, marathons.  Do any of these sounds good?  Why would I want to play a game that never ends and resembles a miserable foreshadowing of my future?  Boy insisted I give it a shot.  I did, and he won.  I will never play that miserable game again.
The unfunniest person present says "I wish this were real money!"
Luckily, Catchphrase is a game option which is exactly my speed.  I love a game that can go on for an hour or as little as five minutes and make no difference.  It also involves wit, which I daresay Chutes and Ladders has none.  You also get to use perverted and hilarious guesses when the descriptions are something like "long and hard" (I kid you not, what my best friend said to describe a missile- forget the whole weapon reference).
3.  I have been to Whole Foods EVERY SINGLE DAY this week.  Honestly.  Sometimes my car just goes there not knowing why. 
Must. buy. more. kale.
Next thing you know I'm walking out with a bottle of wine, carton of olives, quinoa and almond milk, $50 none the richer.
4.  All I talk about is the Hunger Games.  It has consumed my life.  I only read the first book of Harry Potter, and I couldn't get past the first page of Twilight, but I am currently living and breathing all things Katniss and Peeta (team Peeta all the way).  My roommate just finished book two and I am one chapter away from the end (I like to savor the last chaper and build it up to be a great grand finale!) but we basically both roll out of bed every morning talking about Katniss.  I am definitely going to be one of those dweebs who waits in line for the movie premiere, but I already know it can't beat the book.  What are you, Teem Peeta or Team Gale??
5.  It's supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow.  I can't...
6.  My boyfriend cooks and eats more pasta than any human being alive.  A box of noodles and a jar of sauce.  Good for 2 meals and a snack.  He is also an incredible athlete, so all of this Paleo and carb cutting nonsense is seriously nonsense to me.  How can you completely cut something out of your diet?  I tend to eat more veggies and meat than pasta, but oh my gawd put unlimited chips and salsa in front of me and you have to wheel me away.

Alright, that was random.  Have a good Monday!!  And keep your fingers crossed for me today, I might need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment