Monday, March 12, 2012

Bully.


Without sound like Miss Pop-u-lar, I was never really bullied.  I don't remember being picked on or harassed or tripped in the hallways.  I'd like to think it was because I was nice to everyone, and maybe because I didn't want anyone to not like me.  That's not to say kids weren't mean to me, as I'm sure everyone has experienced a few times growing up.  I distinctly remember a close friend in 6th grade teasing me because I wore the same jeans twice in one week.  After that, I wrote down every single outfit I wore to school so I would have zero repeats.  I know, the horror.  I cannot even imagine what some kids have to put up with when they go to school, or I guess even nowadays, sign onto their Facebook page.  If the biggest example I have of being bullied is over a pair of jeans, I think I'm more than lucky.  Some kids aren't.

Please take two minutes to watch this video and go to the website in the description (http://www.change.org/petitions/mpaa-don-t-let-the-bullies-win-give-bully-a-pg-13-instead-of-an-r-rating) to sign the petition allowing this film to be rated PG-13 instead of R.  It's about more than just bullying; peer pressure, kindness, respect and empathy.  As Ellen always says,

Everyone, be kind.

1 comment:

  1. New follower! I love your blog and can't wait to read more! This is such a great post because I think bullying goes under the radar too much and it affects more people than everyone thinks

    Xoxo

    http://sosimplychic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete