Friday, February 10, 2012

A Funny Friday

Its like a freaking taco fest in here...


Happiness Means...
1.  Its Friday!  Fridays have turned into stay-in date night which means pajamas and a home-cooked meal, boy-approved.  I'm whippin up lasagna fort the first time, but since I'm not 6'0 185 lbs. I'm going to do half of it with eggplant in lieu of noodles, and I'm sneakin in lean ground turkey in lieu of meat.  As long as he doesn't see the wrapper he'll never know folks.  I get a sick pleasure out of tricking boy into eating healthier variations without telling him.  Because God knows the mention of ground turkey, nonfat cheese, kale, whole wheat flour, dates or worst of all- almond milk, would send him running.  And before you puke, no those are not all ingredients in my lasagna.  Gimme a break people.  I'll be attempting one of the variations on my Pinterest site...

2.  Impromptu Mexican feasts for dinner.  Last night boy stopped into work on his way home as we were closing, and it being a bridal salon and all, I stared at him for a good thirty seconds before remembering what species he was.  After I relaxed and acknowledged he was male, and my boyfriend, and not an alien, we started walking to my car... but we were violently chased into the safest nearest place to us, Los Cuates.  To avoid imminent death, we got a table for two, gorged on chips and salsa (I had four bowls instead of my usual 6).  Luckily, we survived and made our way home.  Thank you Los Cuates.  I  can always count on you.
3.  My Betsey Johnson lingerie robe.
 I bought it during a summer working in Stone Harbor, at a boutique before I was a Senior in high school.  I remember thinking it was too sexy and girly and I would never wear it, but it was so beautiful I had to have it.  It cost close to $100 which was my entire paycheck then, but wouldn't ya know I wear it ALL the time?  Around my apartment, after the shower, over summer pjs, getting ready before heading out.  I still think its just as beautiful.
4.  Houdini - Foster the People
5.  Boy and I are moving in together.  Its going to require a long discussion, and we are both really tired of waking up at 6am to walk 3 blocks home every morning before work, and boy is tired of eating spaghetti every night and I really freaking want a dog in a building where they let me we are both really excited.  I figured it would be after our leases ended this year, but its nice to finally know we're both ready for it.  Sure it may seem like not a huge deal to most people.  We're not having a baby (thank you God), we aren't buying a house together, we aren't even engaged.  But I'm just excited this is a teeny step into all that other stuff. Not in that order.  I'm so happy we both took time not living with each other for awhile so that now all this anticipation has finally paid off!  I love you TS, can't wait to share the same shampoo and conditioner.


Goal:  Gym time homies

No comments:

Post a Comment