Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Couch Date



Since boy and I live only a couple blocks apart, we get to spend a lot of time together- or not a lot of time together. It's nice not living together sometimes when we'd both like time to ourselves to do things like laundry, catch up on our stupid tv and video games, or just have a moment to ourselves. That being said, when we do spend time together I'm happiest when it is just the two of us. Since we both have roommates, it can be tough to have a night with just the two of us. Last night boy came over and I made marinated chicken and vegetables on rosemary skewers over brown rice with homemade tzatziki sauce. This was probably the best meal I have ever made- and easy too! There is something so soothing about cooking a delicious meal, sitting on the couch with a bottle of red wine and doing absolutely nothing. It makes me excited for the time when we'll be able to do this all the time (and I will hopefully still have time to watch the Kardashians without him interrupting with video games!). I am so happy just being with him.

Happiness Means...
1. This recipe (although I put in way more dill and one more garlic clove). You can substitute the dill for mint, which is the more traditional tzatziki flavor, but I prefer dill.
2. Malbec. I think this might have been on my happiness list before? Oh well, worth it.
3. Working at a bridal salon on weekends. It's the greatest environment working around beautiful dresses and happy brides-to-be! Not to mention I save some money by staying in on Friday :)
4. Dinner with mom and her sister this evening in Georgetown! Can't wait to eat here!
5. Boy.

Goal: Don't get too overwhelmed with the all the events and dates this upcoming week! Thanksgiving is not far away wahoo!!

1 comment:

  1. S true. =) You and boy are lucky. Me and Fiancé live miles apart.
    Followed,hope you dont mind. And maybe youll visit me someday.




    ♥ thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete