Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pounds



27 of them. That is how large the pumpkin is that is sitting on my kitchen table. I'm pretty confident that Charlie Brown can quit looking for the Great Pumpkin and just come over instead. I went to a pumpkin patch this weekend 45 minutes out of town with three girlfriends. It was one of those days you feel so happy there aren't too many words to describe it. The sun was shining and it was a crisp 65 degrees. We drove with the sun-roof open and the radio on, giggling and anticipating the adventure I had been trying to organize for about a month. Nothing special, but a quick jaunt to pick pumpkins. We arrived mid-afternoon and went right for the apple cider stand, each getting a hot styrofoam cup and a paper bag of buttery popcorn. We walked through a corn maze (which was clearly built for 5 year olds considering we could see over the stalks) and made it out ALIVE thank God. Then we marched over to pick our pumpkins, and while the search for the perfect pumpkin began, I looked out for the biggest. Well, I found him. A smooth $17 for 27 lbs. of him. The fact that I have a hard time throwing quarters into a meter or buying a cocktail over $10 made this especially hilarious. Maybe that is why I have no money in my savings? Oh well, you're only 24 and stupid once.
We seriously blended in with all the 5 year olds real well...

Happiness Means...
1. Discovering a raspberry patch after pumpkin picking and spending twenty minutes picking eating the fresh little berries right off the vine.
2. First Caps game of the season with great people
3. Fall shopping. No, I can't afford to (I'm much to busy shelling out roughly $20 on a pumpkin), but I need to. I'm going to The Hunt this weekend, and although I'm sure I could figure out something from my closet, I don't have any pants and I need new boots. I'm thinking...
or...
or...
I kind of like the last look most. I have an obsession with my Rayban aviators. I own 5 pairs of really nice sunglasses and one pair are actually the most expensive thing I have ever bought myself, butI never wear them. Sorry baby Pradas, but my aviators make everything look so good.
4. New York New York! Might be arriving Friday morning with boy because of work, which means I have the day to shop for everything noted above (without the sticker prices- YIKES!) and as he likes to call "Mary Tyler Moore" around the city. Hopefully lunch with one of my best friends I haven't seen in months!
5. Rainy mornings on the couch with Matt Lauer. In case you forgot my crush on Matt Lauer, I mentioned it here. I woke up early enough to make a scrambled egg with sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes and onions.

Goal: Try and not spend TOO much money on clothes I can wear not just this weekend but all of Fall. Stay tuned! What are your favorite fall essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment