Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Babies, Dogs and Sunshine



This is what I can look forward to coming home to. Every day. I just moved this past week into a residential neighborhood in Washington, DC. I've lived about five miles away in an apartment for two years, so even though its not too far it feels like a million miles away. My old apartment was a 12 story building, pretty large, with an incredible view of DC even though it was in Virginia (just a stone's throw from Georgetown, DC). Although I practically lived in DC, I couldn't help but be envious of everyone who got to put Washington, DC down as their permanent address. I moved into a duplex/apartment home with one of my best friends I met in DC when I moved two years ago. Its a living room/kitchen with two bedrooms and a bathroom which is just enough space for the two of us. Although I'm not settled yet, it already feels like home. It's SO NICE to wake up every morning to sunshine and trees and birds chirping, you would never know the city is a mile away. I'm loving the neighborhood, and my evening runs are so exciting when there are so many families always out and about with their pets and children. What's great about this neighborhood is its actually mostly kids my age from about 25 to 30... lots of post grad students and young couples. My boyfriend now conveniently is three blocks away and the bars we frequent are about five. I'm in heaven in my new home. Happy Wednesday :)

Happiness Means...
1. My morning calls to my mom on my way to work. This is a great time to catch up because it starts my day nicely to hear what I'm missing at home and to fill her in on my hectic life. I actually hate talking on the phone so its also nice its a short ten minutes haha

That's my sister, my mom and me
2. Filet Mignon. Holy cow (har har). Boy grilled this for dinner last night and it was the best steak I have ever had, hands down. He said he grabbed it because ti was on sale, but I'm not sure I can ever enjoy another cut of steak again without comparing it to last nights.
3. Coming home to someone you enjoy talking with! Its so nice to come home to a best friend and chit chat about the day. I missed that living in my apartment, and I finally am living with a best friend again.
4. Blackberry BBMs, without which I couldn't remind my cousin how much I love and miss her. Seriously our BBMs are borderline creepy but its always nice to hear from her.
5. Cheesecake bars. Seriously amazing! I got these beauties as a welcome gift from our new neighbors. Officially love them.


Goal - Not die on May 21. Seriously people, do you really think the world is ending this weekend? And if so, who cares we're all doomed together!

1 comment:

  1. I can't live without BBM either and cheesecake bars oh my I haven't tried that yet! Yet another sweet I'm going have to indulge on. Oh and btw I love the info of your blog it made me smile. I've seen Elf a bazillion times and I never get tired of it!

    - Gaby
    From Rags to Glam

    ReplyDelete