Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Undies and a Hairbrush


For the past couple days, I have been exhausted. This is no one's fault but my own. I am almost always in bed by 9:00. HOWEVER what is intended to be a quick hour of responding to emails, checking facebook and purusing other blogs, almost always turns into two or three hours of mindless internet surfing. Consequently, I've been going to bed late and having a terrible time waking up in the morning. This morning, to shake myself out of my sluggish demeanour, I turned on my iPod dock and literally danced around my room for 20 minutes. Now if anyone actually watched me doing this they would either think a) i forgot to take my pills, b) i was 13 years old and just saw my first britney spears video, or c) this girl is going to hurt herself. I look like an idiot, and I am not ashamed that I prance around in hideous underwear from 8th grade and sing into a hairbrush (mostly to fulfill the idiotic stereotype that all girls prance around in their undies and sing into hairbrushes). It is a small sliver of time in the day to myself, and I can be as vain and ridiculous as I want, because no one sees but me (God I hope so). So what do I dance around to you might wonder? Here is my playlist for Undies and a Hairbrush"
1. Ray of Light - Madonna
2. Dancing Queen - ABBA
3. Manic MOnday - THe Bangles
4. Kiss - Prince
5. If You Had My Love - JLo
6. Candy - Mandy Moore
7. S Club - S Club 7
8. How Do I Feel - Haiku
9. Pocketful of Sunshine - Natasha Benningfield
10. Only Girl in the World - Rhianna
11. I Think I'm In Love - Jessica Simpson
12. Open Your Heart to Me - Madonna

I guarantee if you blast these songs and sing into the mirror while jumping on the bed for fifteen minutes in the morning, it will instantly brighten the rest of your day. But be careful! THe slight chance of anyone walking on you could also ruin your entire week. Hmm, that makes me wonder if maybe I should reconsider my underwear of choice...

Happiness Means...
1. This apple pie I baked! First pie and first homemade crust I have ever created. I have no idea how it tastes because I brought it over to boy's last night at 9:00 before we crawled into bed. But it looks divine!

2. These crazy shoes I mentioned purchasing last week, and still enjoy seeing in my closet (especially at the bargain price I got them for!)

3. This view from my roof of Washington...

4. Flowers from boy

5. This bulldog. Boy and I fell in love with him last weekend and are still talking about him. UNfortunately, neither of us can have a pet, nor can we afford one. But I swear, this dog was meant for us (or at least boy).



Goal: Cook a lovely shrimp dinner, enjoy glasses of wine, watch Layercake and crawl in bed with boy.

2 comments:

  1. Love the playlist I always find myself dancing when I hear dancing queen and those shoes are to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ssss cluuuub --THERE AINT NO PARTY LIKE AN S CLUB PARTAAAYYY-- gonna show you hooowwwww --MOVE YOUR BODY FROM SIDE TO SIDE!

    ReplyDelete