Monday, February 28, 2011

Red Carpet Glam


Last night I hosted a little Oscar Party soiree at my apartment with five of my closest girlfriends. We had cheap champagne and strawberries with an endless array of snacks I whipped up all afternoon. Whoever said making your own food at home saves money and time was only 50% accurate. It took me the entire afternoon to spread cheese, glaze pecans, roll truffles, dip strawberries and mix cocktail sauce. Still... I would be lying if I told you I didn't enjoy every tedious minute of it. It all paid off when all that was left were a few triscuits and a handful of shrimp. Next year however, it might be best just to order a pizza. Here were my favorite looks from the red carpet (the most important part of the Oscars,, after all)...







Happiness Means...
1. One day I will have a dog, but for now... I am happy not to have to pick up poop and pay for trips to the vet.
2. I mastered my first pastry dough! Pictures to come tomorrow...
3. Brie cheese spread over triscuits with sugared pecan toppings and a slice of apple.
4. Christmas lights on my window even in the summer time
5. I can set my room temperature to as toasty as I like it, with no one to complain. Goodnight!

Goal: Get some sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment