Friday, January 7, 2011

No money is no funny


After Tuesday nights escapades and my moral hangover Wednesday (notice my last post from Wednesday was just posted this morning? I think I was too hungover to realize I saved it in drafts- whoopsies!), I decided to take the rest of the week off. No, not from work but from everything else. I turned down happy hour Thursday night, and instead went right home, had a good workout of weight lifting (something new im trying to build muscle, although it is MUCH harder than I thought), and took a really long bath. I haven't had a bath in years, and really I don't like them very much. I can't stop thinking about all the germs I'm just sitting in, and I end up getting too hot. So once again, unlike the Hollywood stereotype that all women like to unwind with wine in a tub and surround themselves with candles, I prefer a shower. Now if only I could somehow figure out a way to get the wine in there too...

Happiness is...
1. The tv remote - without which I would not be able to waste two hours without moving on the couch to watch Law and Order
2. Online banking - because when you need to transfer money ASAP you don't even have to leave home!
3. Slatkin candles from Bath and Body Works - If you've never experience this, but the Winter candle and leave it burning in your room for an hour. I do this in the morning while I shower and get ready for the day so when I open my bedroom door it smells AMAZING.
4. Salt - may or may not have just inhaled a bag of popcorn. Sometimes I think even grass would taste fine with a pound of salt.
5. Snow Days - Even though I'm not in school anymore, I still feel a pang of excitement when I watch the news ticker at the bottom announce school closings. I just imagine all the kids with their fingers crossed and faces to the tv in their pajamas waiting for an excuse to stay home and play. Although now I guess they probably go online. I think it was more fun waiting to hear it on the radio :)

Goal: Remind everyone how much I love them. Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment