Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Day After Tomorrow


I love snow days... only when it means work is cancelled, the metro systems are running on time, no cars are running out of gas in the middle of roads, ice chips are not blowing in your eyes, supermarkets actually have more than tuna cans and cake mixes, trees are frosted and beautiful and not blocking intersections, Starbucks is not out of hot cocoa, and lunch is my mom's homeade soup.
Needless to say, I hate today. Have you ever seen the Day After Tomorrow? This is what Virginia looked like going to work this morning...



Happiness Means...
1. Heated seats
2. Shirley Valentine - This movie makes me want to pack up and jet off to Greece where I am convinced I am destined to live for the rest of my life. Santorini of course.
3. Children's books - SOmething about children's books is so soothing... I have a close friend that sent me one on my birthday and it was one of my favorite gifts ever simpoly because it told me she knows me so well. I sent her "Toot and Puddle" on her birthday- my faovrite childrens book. I hope this becomes a tradition!
4. Classical Music - I'm a total sucker for Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi and Tchaicovksy, but Barber's Adagio for Strings might be the most painfully beautiful piece ever orchestrated. I cry every time.
5. Boy - Boy is on vacation for a week with his friends and I miss him terribly already. I love him because he doesn't mind that I prefer to sleep with socks on, I always steal the covers, I overcook the tuna steaks, I subscribe to wedding magazines, I am always half an hour late, I jump on the bed on Sunday mornings, I talk to strangers and taxi drivers about their lives, my starbucks order takes me two breaths and one long run on sentence, I listen to Christmas music in October, the temperature in my bedroom is literally 80 degress, and I always change my dinner order at the last minute. Then again, I think he does mind. The important thing is he never says so :)

Goal: Make a pot of homeade soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment